Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thoughts become things...

I've been on a reading binge for the last few years trying to find ways to keep my Ego happy. Because we all know that if the Ego isn't happy, then we're not happy, right? Right. Well no... not so right. Here's the thing, according to Dr. Wayne Dyer, we're born without the Ego. As babies we automatically trust that someone or some higher being will take care of us. Once the Ego comes into play, then we Edge God Out. Pretty brilliant, right? He talks about this in Oprah's Soul Series, which can also be found on YouTube in a collection of 6 segments Here.
He, along with the many authors of books I own, talks about how our collective thoughts become reality. Is that so, you ask? Why yes. Yes it is. The toughest thing to comprehend is that your own thoughts got you to where you are today. Whatever do you mean, you ask? If your mind is focused on negative thoughts about yourself, then guess what? That's what you get. For example, "I'm gonna apply for that job, but someone else will probably get it" or "I want a new car, but I can't afford it. I don't make enough money. I have too many bills."
I've had a tough time re-training my brain to think positively. However, a big part of me believes I've managed to sway my brain into thinking along a more positive road and have accepted that there's a Universe/God that listens. We have approximately 60,000 thoughts a day and there are so many rules! Let's get started:
  1. Avoid speaking and thinking in a negative manner. Which means avoiding the words like can't, won't, not, don't, no and never. This has been pretty challenging when talking to my Mini Me. Instead of telling him, "Don't make a mess," I say, "Try to keep clean." Soccer games was a fun place to hear parents yell negative remarks to their kids. "Don't let him take that ball. Don't stand around. Don't wait for the ball." What do kids do when you tell them "don't"? They do the opposite, right? Right.
  2. On money: Instead of focusing on having too much debt, focus on it being paid off. Focus on receiving checks instead of receiving bills. :)
  3. Be grateful for what you do have and what is yet to come. Say it outloud.
  4. Visualize what you want for yourself. "Momma's strolling through the Louvre with her Mini Me."
  5. Forget about what you don't want (because focusing on what you don't want will make it come true). "Ugh, I hope I don't get called into work today." RRrrrrrring!
  6. See setbacks as opportunities for personal expansion and spiritual growth. If it didn't happen, you wouldn't be where you are now.
  7. There is no such thing as a coincidence! If it happens, listen to it and find the message in it.
  8. Go out and buy a journal and call it your Dream Book and fill it with all your desires, objectives and dreams. For example, if you want that hot rod that you've been eyeballing, paste a picture of it in your Dream Book.
My goal this month is to begin creating a Dream Book or a Vision Board. The Vision Board is where you paste cut outs or photos of the things you want to attract into your world. We'll see what the Universe has in store for me. ;)


Happy thoughts to you and may the force be strong with you!


6 comments:

  1. I think you are right on with this one. However, sometimes you get what you thought about with something/someone you didnt want or hoped for.. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's when specifics are required. LOL Like in "Practical Magic" remember? During her True Love spell she said, "He can flip pancakes in the air. He'll be marvelously kind. And his favorite shape will be a star. And he'll have one green eye and one blue." Now that's specific. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well put, coug. I like numero siete. I know I'm on the right path. I have lots of what you didn't mention....patience! Remember, good vibes feed off of good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The list of rules is longer. lol

    ReplyDelete