Friday, February 4, 2011

Acclimating

Here's another little post about the weather and how I'm currently adjusting to it.

Today, my place of employment is open and I had to make an appearance. Knowing that I work in an old, historical building, I layered up as much as possible and have yet to shed any of it off. Better yet, I found myself some old leggings that were stashed deep in my drawers of happy warmness. It's almost fair to say that it's probably as cold indoors as it is outdoors. It's challenging to type with gloves on; as can be seen in the pic over on the right side. Yeah... those are my gloves. And no! Before you say it, my fingers aren't nubs. They're bent down in a typing manner trying to find the right keys. lol

The city of El Paso, TX is still undergoing Rolling Blackouts, which means that while I'm typing, my computer and little heater might shut down.

Last night, we lost power for about an hour in half hour increments. Luckily it returned just in time to watch Grey's Anatomy. Boy! That Callie was a riot, wasn't she? Pregnancy makes some women a lil crazy. Not me, though. I was a great pregnant lady in my day. :D

Anyhow, my Mini Me hasn't had school for 3 days now. He's currently trucking around town with his dad trying to find some place to have breakfast because there are power outages throughout the city. They both sat and ordered their meals at a local Denny's only to have the electricity shut down as they'd received their drinks. They were then told that it'd be 2 hours before their meal was ready! So, they left and headed out to lunch instead.

Right now, I'm wondering if my co-workers would think I'm crazy for dragging a heater into the women's restroom to heat up the toilet seat. Ha ha ha ha!

It's insane how our lives have been affected with this single digit weather and how much we all rely on our utilities. Thank goodness we have a roof over our heads, warm blankets and food to keep us acclimating. ♥

2 comments:

  1. Eesh.. craziness. Sounds like it's been a fun couple of days for you work and home. I agree though, and it could be so much worst... thank goodness for roofs over our heads, food, and loved ones by our sides. TGIF! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah... loved ones, too. lol And yeah, so glad it's Viernes! :)

    ReplyDelete