Thursday, January 22, 2009

How do you see to find your glasses without your glasses on to see?

I grew up listening to a tape recording of "What's the Matter Nannybird?" by Peter & Hanneke Jacobsoff. It was cassette tape recorded for me by my Tia, Pat. I can still picture the handwritten title in red ink directly placed onto the label of the tape. In short, it is a Christian Children's story about the way God reveals Himself in mysterious ways. Nannybird, literally a bird, loses her glasses and goes through the entire story looking for them with help from friends. From time to time I recite to myself as Nannybird did, "How do you find your glasses without your glasses on to see?" It amazes me, that after all of these years (roughly 20 yrs), I can still hear Nannybird squawk something about trying to find her glasses. The line makes tons of sense to me since I am not only near-sighted, but have astigmatism and wear glasses. My world is a blur without these babies. I constantly have to repeat to others that what ever it is they urgently need me to see, needs to wait until I find my glasses. If by some bizarre reason (eh hem... like wearing contacts) I've misplaced my glasses, then I have a tremendously difficult time finding something I can't see. I fondly recall the story and have searched for it in my stash of old cassette tapes. Needless to say, I haven't been able to locate it. I think my son would enjoy listening to the story over one of our road trips. If anyone knows where I can find a copy, drop me a line! ;o)

5 comments:

  1. I'm searching for it too which is what lead me to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a guy named Jeff Foster (spinone80@msn.com) who made me both Nanny Bird stories!! the lost glasses and the birthday surprise! My little girls LOVE IT!! my cassette was not working too well, so it was great to get a CD version and he even makes it with the original artwork! I know you posted this years ago, but in case you still are interested or if others remember... now we know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do I get hold of the CD version too? Brings back a lot of memories. My siblings and I grew up singing it. I would like to share it with my nephews.:-)

      Delete
  3. What bible scriptures did she quoted?

    ReplyDelete