Monday, February 14, 2011

Dia de San Valentín ♥

Valentine's is for the birds. *grumble grumble* Ha ha ha. I actually think it's a great little holiday no matter how commercialized it is. I mean, seriously? Aren't all holidays pretty darned tootin' commercialized? Did I just say "darned tootin'"?? **grins** What's so great about it, you ask? Yeah, folks should show they care about you 375 days out fo the year, but not all of them know how to show it. It's also the one day out the year when Person #1 can finally get the courage to let Person #2 know that Person #1 lusts after them... I mean... loves them. Heh heh. It's the idea of exchanging a loving token of caring and affection that makes it a good day between mother and child, friends, lovers, siblings, neighbors, fellow students and so on. ♥

Anyhow, instead of purchasing a card for my Mini Me, I opted in making a little one with whatever office products I had closest to me. Unfortunately, I don't own a sewing machine nor do I manually sew, soooooo... I bought him a lil guy that's been sitting in the passenger side of my vehicle all day. He's still young enough to appreciate a soft and fluffy teddy bear and I'm taking FULL advantage of that for as long as possible. :)

We had our movie date, afterall, on Friday. I give "Gnomeo and Juliet" two thumbs up and a smile. It's a funny little film! It's definitely going into my miniature blockbuster collection along with all of the other animated films I own... err... I mean... my Mini Me owns. **smirks**

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Homemade cards are the best. Believe it or not, i still have the ones that were given to me.. it's so easy nowadays to take out the laptop and write an email.. but when someone takes the effort to sit down and hand write a letter from the heart... that means oh so much more. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? What ever happened to the art of letter writing?

    ReplyDelete