Sunday, February 6, 2011

Restrictions?!

Things around here keep getting interesting. Last night, the city of El Paso, made it mandatory to its citizens to ONLY use water for drinking purposes. No more showers, using car washes, laundro mats and I'm guessing, no more flushing toilets! And please don't forget to boil your water before you drink it because some folks are getting contaminated water. In my opinion, boiled water isn't very drinkable... well, not immediately. *joke*

Since the city has critical water shortages and mandatory restrictions in place, my mini Me and I rushed over to the nearest Walmart to stock up on water. People were walking out w/ 1-2 carts full of water. Granted, my lil place hasn't run out running water, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Besides, if things improve, we'll have more than enough water to throw an H2O party! Woo hoo! ;)

On another note, my mini Me doesn't have school again tomorrow due to all of the restrictions and shortages. I, on the other hand, will be working my lil booty off. *sigh* Ten hour days for two weeks just to make up for last week's El Paso Ice Age days. :/

Oh, and for those of you that noticed that I went to my least favorite store for water: My experience at the Walmart I went to was GREAT. No sarcasm intended. The isles were clean, it was spacious and organized, the store set up was comfortable and there was a handful of folks! So, IF I have to make my way to another Walmart, I'll drive 20+ minutes to this particular Walmart vs the Walmart I have 1 block away (which makes the 11s on my forehead way more pronounced than they need to be).

6 comments:

  1. C looks worn out from his busy night. At least you have water saved in case you do need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all goes well, we'll have water for a few months. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy toledo... no school AGAIN? Wow.. in a week or so they have a day off for President's day... then Spring break... Thank goodness E can watch C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They finally went back to school today. The school districts encouraged parents to send the kids w/ a bottled water. All drinking fountains were going to be turned off. Crazy, huh? Not sure if they'll have President's day off w/ all of these "snow" days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah good. Yeah, that's insane. Well at least you are stocked up with H2O. lol

    ReplyDelete