Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursdays 1


On my road to being more grateful, I've decided to dedicate at least one day out of the week for all of those people, events and things that I'm sincerely thankful for.

  • First and foremost, I am thankful and oh so very grateful to have an amazing son. Not just any son, but a truly sweet and respectful kid. A son that is so in tune with me that he knows how to read my mood within seconds. A son who at such a young age can calm me down by holding my hand, showing concern and saying everything will be ok. :)
  • I'm thankful for all of the events that have led my life up to this point because without them, I wouldn't be where I am today.
  • I'm thankful that I have a job so that I can pay rent, utilities and purchase food. Also, because it's created more networking for me.
  • I'm thankful for the long road I took to finish my education because along that road I met a lot of folks and learned ton of things.
  • I'm thankful that I've been given the chance to fall in love more than twice in my lifetime.
  • I'm thankful that I have a reliable vehicle that I can drive a long distance without worrying about leaving me stranded for a change. One that has radio stations that I can read because the numbers show up clearly. One that I knew would start despite the negative single digit weather. One that my son feels extra safe in.
  • I'm most grateful to be able to hear the words, "I love you, mom," on almost a daily basis. :)
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." ~Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment