Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Illustrating for Fun! :D

There's something about Illustrations made for children that give me the warm fuzzies. They're carefree, fun and full of color! When I became a mom, I became more and more interested in illustrating children's books (amongst other things in the art world). Better yet, I've dreamed of writing and illustrating my own series. It's still an aspiration of mine, so why not start practicing? ;) While my Mini Me was watching "World World" on PBS, I decided to take the liberty to tweak Dog, which got me thinking about my dog, Brina.

I rarely get to see Brina (my Mini Me's dog) or Pixel (my Mini Me's cat) since they live with their dad. However, I got to hang out with Brina the other day and I snapped a pic of her peering up at me requesting to be let out. Using that pic, this was my attempt at illustrating both Brina and Pixel.

Makes me wonder if Brina and Pixel's adventures could come to life? Hmm... 

1 comment: