Sunday, February 15, 2009

Taxes kicked my (__|__)

After waiting around for one stinkin' form, I finally got to go do my taxes. Typically, my roommate (soon to be ex-husband) would've file 'em for us but this year I began working (a 2nd job) through my own design company and wanted to file "correctly". Well, now I'm wondering if I should've just kept TurboTaxing. First of all, it pisses me off that the IRS is so sexist! They put my roommate as head of household! WTF! I'm the one who's making the bucks here! He's unemployed!!!!!!!!!!! THEN, the first lady we sat with kept directing questions to him and making tons of mistakes. She kept assuming he was the breadwinner. She rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning. Needless to say, I requested a second opinion from the other H&R Block person because the first idiot wouldn't hear of anything having to do with my company. She didn't want to do her fkn job! So, I went over to the other lady and guess what... she listened. So, I got to add my web, internet, stylus and so on expenses. Aside from all of that, I got stuck with a $450 bill! I won't be filing with H&R Block again nor will I refer anyone to them. Anyone know of a visual arts knowledgeable accountant? Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment