Sunday, February 15, 2009

Table Scraps

Why is it that some people think it's ok to just hand the person they're dating table scraps? What do I mean by that? Well, when they think that just giving you enough to keep you around is doing their best with the relationship. As if one text a day saying "Thinking of You" is enough to hold me over. Come on now! What happened to being wooed and having romance. Where are those people? Oh yeah... it's just me and that's not as fun. Well, only when I get to splurge on things I love. It seems like I end up with the same type of person. The type that doesn't think they should make an effort to show affection or love. That their mere presence is enough to take care of all of the ailments. Wow... I need to change my sense of direction and declare that I need and want more. I want someone with ambition. I want someone that puts me first from time to time and doesn't keep me on the backburner cuz they think that's ok. I want someone who will hand me happy surprises and spoil me. Cuz seriously, I don't think I've ever been spoiled by anyone. I want someone to grow with in all aspects. I want someone whom actually respects what I do and wants me to succeed. I wants someone as in love with me as I am of them. I want someone to make the travel plans for a change. I want someone to laugh with, feel comfortable with and can carry an intelligent or fun conversation with. This time, I want someone who's educated and understands the trials of college life. Oh, and let's not forget, I want someone who's honest and knows and goes after what they want. Table scraps aren't it for me. It's just not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment