Monday, May 24, 2010

Themed with Juliet(a)

Seems like my weekend was ironically filled with Juliet(a) adventures. My Friday evening was spent at Julieta Venegas' concert blogged here. On Sunday morning I headed out to see "Letters to Juliet" with a couple of chick flick buds.
The best part of going to see "Letters to Juliet" was that I didn't have high expectations. Overall, I had heard that it'd received bad reviews. However, since the trailer suckered me in, I went ahead and purchased my ticket. I'm glad I did because this is one of those movies where I laughed out loud, wiped a tear and truly cared what happened to the characters.
First off, the cinematography taken on location is amazing. It truly transported me into Verona, Tuscany and Siena. I didn't know there was a real Casa di Giulietta (Juliet's House) where a bronze sculpture of Juliet welcomes you into her courtyard. Secondly, the interesting thing is that for approximately 20 years, people have written letters addressed to Juliet, Verona or Italy speaking of love lost or regrets, have left the letters posted on the wall which, in turn, have received responses from the Secretaries of Juliet. Thirdly, the movie had sarcastic comic relief usually delivered by the male character, Charlie, played by Christopher Egan. (My most favorite kind of comedy.) I also liked Sophie's (Amanda Seyfried) variation of hairstyles throughout the movie. I think I'll try a couple of them myself. And last, but not least, I've now added a visit to Verona to my Bucket List. :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment