Wednesday, May 11, 2011

All Aspects of ME

Narcissism, as in excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance. noun
Believing that the world revolves around you is supposed to be a bad thing, right? And yet, it does; at least for me. The world I’ve built for myself revolves around the choices I’ve made. If I failed a class, who cared? Me! If I changed jobs, who cared? ME! If I moved, who cared? ME! I chose to pass or fail. I chose to change jobs. I chose to move. I chose the world I’m in whether I like it right now or not.

My world isn’t like your world. I like different things. I like different people that suit my world. Within my world, are mini worlds like my creative venues, my social venues, my jobs, my family, my home, schools I’ve attended and so on. Not everyone will belong to each of my mini worlds and that’s quite alright. This is why we all have different friends in different aspects of our lives. We’re all different.

However, it becomes a problem when I become involved with someone that doesn’t find any of my mini worlds interesting. If a friend is interested in visiting one of my mini worlds, it’s ok. They’re just a friend. BUT, when that significant other refuses to visit those mini worlds of mine, they become less avid travelers in my entire world. Their lack of traveling becomes a major turn off.

I express myself through various venues that don’t just include my vocal chords. For example, Facebook, Blogger and Flickr, have become social venues where I can, as my blog description states, “Basically, it'll be a place to rant and take a load off.” Those venues are part of my mini worlds that revolve around me. If I’m involved with someone that fails to encourage or support my many creative loves, then guess what? I lose interest in that person.

My first interest is of myself and then of others. My success means the success of my child. The more I have, the more I can give. It’s still about ME and my world. Right? I mean in reality, who feels good when a donation exchange happens? Both parties! The donator and the receiver.

Here’s the thing that future travelers have to understand: I have several aspects of me. I like to do A LOT of different things and have A LOT of different goals. If you have zero hobbies or interests of your own, then that’s your choice. My world may not be good enough for you or be too complex. The choice is this, do you want to know all aspects of me or just belong to a mini world and be a friend?

Additionally, if that special person has interests outside of your own, you may learn something from them and gain a new interest. :)

4 comments:

  1. *cheers*. Love this and can relate to this. Its the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this becomes too much of a chore for some. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes a special person to be able to hop from one mini world to another just to be with you and they don't need to love all mini worlds, just enjoy the moment with you. I get this so much! Way to go Veronica!

    ReplyDelete