Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cuties!!


Cuties!!, originally uploaded by Eclectic_Endeavours.
Yay! I got another snail mail surprise last night: Bogus Recycled Rough Sketch by Bee Paper. :) Thanks to Karen Blados for the info on where to purchase the sketchbook. Found HERE. Ok ok... so not so much of a surprise since I placed the order, but nonetheless, it was a warm fuzzy moment.

I did "borrow" Karen Blado's drawing style on my first test run to see if I could pull it off as well as she does. I think I got pretty darned close using my son's Twistables Color Pencils. LOL This just means I'm going to have to dig out my color pencils from storage and go to town on this new paper.

Downside:
  • The sketch pad isn't the size of a Moleskine.
  • I press too hard with color pencil so I decided to tear out the sheet from the sketch pad before drawing (which means loose papers flowing). Why? Because then you leave an embossed pencil drawing/ghost drawing on the sheet(s) underneath.

Brightside:
  • I can make my own art journal with the new sketch collection by folding each sheet in half.
  • Ordering from DickBlick from the comfort of my own home. lol
  • Devouring the Cuties was part of the fun!

4 comments:

  1. Nice dux.. Very cool on recycled paper too. :D Go green. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to the punch. I can post pix from Flickr into my blog but it comes out all retarded. LOL I had to add more info and "fix" the alignment. Anyhow, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Stupid question, but does the paper feel like a brown paper bag?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a stupid question. It's thicker and doesn't have the loose little flecks of paper as a brown paper bag might have. It feels like linen paper.

    ReplyDelete