Saturday, January 24, 2009

Training wheels are off!

After about a year of letting his bike gather dust outside, I turned and asked my lil guy if he'd tried riding his bike. He shook his head and I proceeded to dust his bike's seat. His dad put air in the tires and he began his first attempt at riding a bike without training wheels. I held onto the back of his seat and gave him a nudge. He took hold of the handlebars and rode through the backyard calling, "Mom, are you still holding me?? Are you?" I wasn't. He got the hang of it on his first try and I was choked up. After riding around the grass in the backyard, he said he was ready to go on the pavement. We headed over to the front and ran alongside him as he became more and more familiar with riding. He gave me a work out! And then, he lost control and rode too close to the neighbor's wall. He rubbed his leg across the wall and the riding moment was over. The tears began to spill over but I continued to have a wide grin. My lil guy can ride a bike! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment